What does Blogging Provide To Businesses?
One important concept in advertising and public relations is to get your business’s message in front of a customer and also to potential customers.
- Once properly set up, blog software is relatively easy to use. Simply write your thoughts, link to resources, and publish to your blog, all at the push of a few buttons. Of course some training will save a lot of frustration and get you much better results.
- Updating the blog is a much quicker process than contacting a web designer with changes or doing the coding and uploading yourself. Even though all the developers at Bower Web Solutions can code, posting something like this is much easier in blog format. The software, like word processing software, handles much of the formatting and linking. There is no need to incorporate the blog into the overall website structure as the blog organizes it based on dates.
- A blog allows you to continually keep current information in your business up to date. Business is always changing so your online presence should change as well.
- Search engines like change, and blogs allows for easy change.
- Business blogs provide your business with a way to share your expertise and knowledge with a larger audience, branding it with your name, while still bringing in folks interested in more information or your services/products.
Getting Your Blog Read
Blogging on your own blog often seems like shouting in the wind… So rather then just blogging, announce your blog publications on your social networks. After all, you are developing social networks with people interested in you personally and professionally, right? And these networks are a source of referrals and leads. Taking the time and effort to craft relative lead-ins that link back to your blog in the context of each social network (casual for Facebook, short for Twitter, professional for LinkedIn) is probably best, but automated software can also be installed. Like blogging itself, you’ll need to decide on the cost/benefit trade-off.
Mass Emails and Posting to Social Networks Get Your Blogs Noticed
Many folks (especially older folks) spend much more time on email then on social networks. Well crafted emails to your customers and potential customers are a good way to get their attention. Some folks rework their blogs and send them directly.
Many other people (such as potential customers) use social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Foursquare and many more to get information. By posting to these networks, it brings the user back to your blog and allows you to get your message out while still maintaining control over your online image. That way, if Facebook changes its rules or format again, it won’t alter or lose your content, since you will still be able to access your blog articles through your website.
To promote your blog articles, there are both automated and manual ways of linking. By including catchy teasers with links back to your blog, you can increase your online exposure.
Bower Web Solutions has the expertise to help you install a blog and link it to your social and email platforms.