How To View Email Header InformationOmar Kozarsky
An email client application
This tutorial will show you how to read the full email headers, also known as long headers or internet headers, from an email message in various email clients. An email collects information from each of the computers it passes through on the way to the recipient, and this is stored in the email’s Internet Headers. E-mail headers are helpful in determining the source of e-mail spoofing and phishing and in diagnosing many email problems.
Do NOT simply forward the original message as forwarding will insert new header information.
While we try our best to assist our customers, assistance with third-party software can not be supported completely by Bower Web Solutions. If you have further questions about configuring your specific email application, please visit the email application’s website.
Click on the links below for details on how to view email headers in your email client.
For help on how to login to webmail on Bower Web Solutions’ servers see our tutorial.
- Then, open mail message >> click on more option.
- From the drop-down list, you will get an option, Show Source.
- Choose the icon to view Email Headers.
- Select the email message for which you’d like to view the headers.
- Click on File
- Click on Properties
- The new window contains the headers.
- Open Outlook 2007.
- Open the email message.
- Under the Message tab, in the Options group, click on the Dialog Box Launcher icon.
- In the Message Options dialog box, the headers appear in the Internet headers box.
- Double-click to open the email message in a new window.
- Select View > Options from the message’s menu.
- All header lines appear under Internet Headers at the bottom of the dialog box.
- Right-click (or ctrl-click) the message in your Inbox or other folder (do not open the message).
- From the menu that appears, select View Source.
With Mail running, go to the View Menu then choose Message -> Long Headers. Then copy the header and paste it into the body of a NEW e-mail message.
If these instructions are not clear, after you click on the “Mail Icon”, you can click on the “Help” link on the left hand side of the Admin page under the “Help & Support” section for more instructions. Refer specifically to the section labeled, “Setting Up Automatic Reply”.